The membership of Whatcom Women in Business consists of women in leadership roles, either as business owners or employees in management or executive positions. Members are eligible to vote so long as dues are paid up-to-date.
General Membership, $120
General members must meet the following qualifications. Keep in mind we limit our members to no more than 20% of total membership in each business category.
- Must be in business or in current position for at least one year
- Attend two meetings as a guest before submitting application
- Obtain sponsorship from an active member in good standing
- Provide three business references
- Fill out and submit membership application form
General members are also expected to meet the following requirements:
- Attend a minimum of 6 meetings or socials per year
- Participate on at least one committee
- Participate in the annual Professional Woman of the Year Banquet/Auction
- Provide auction item(s) valued at $150 to the Banquet/Auction
Patron Membership, $200
Patron members must qualify and apply for membership the same as an general membership, and must be a manager or owner, or a retired manager or owner of a business. Patron members are:
- Required to attend a minimum of 2 meetings or socials per year
- Invited but not required to participate in a committee.
- Invited but not required to attend the PWOTY finalist presentations meeting (must be present in order to submit a vote on PWOTY)
- Invited to provide an auction item for the banquet valued at $150
- Invited to attend annual holiday party (must be present to vote on the end of the year charity)
Please note: This is not a referral networking group. The main focus of this organization is to support women to obtain success in their business.